News Archive 2012
€ 13 million investment in Rauma bio-refinery: FORCHEM TO INCREASE PRODUCTION CAPACITY AND UPGRADE PRODUCT QUALITY
Forchem Oy is to invest in a new rosin re-distillation column, and a larger hot-oil boiler at its Rauma bio-refinery. This will improve product quality and overall efficiency and increase production capacity.
A new Rosin re-distillation column will :-
• Increase product quality; higher softening point Rosin will better meet demand in higher growth market segments including tackifiers and adhesives
• Raise the optimum plant capacity by 25 000 tonnes of CTO per year (appx.. 17 %)
A larger hot-oil boiler will be installed to:-
• Supply additional energy from fully renewable sources
• Improve overall efficiency and reliability
• Facilitate further rosin upgrading in the future
Project completion is scheduled for August 2013, and the contract has been awarded to NesteJacobs Oy. The total combined investment is about € 13 million.